Everyone is different. The best body butter or lotion for you will depend on your skin type. Lightweight lotions are often preferred by people with oily skin. For dry skin, natural butters. These are some additional tips to treat your skin.
- To prevent dry skin, make sure you schedule moisturizing sessions with body lotion during winter months.
- Use a light, quick-absorbing butter that contains nourishing ingredients for your daily moisturizing routine.
- Apply body butter to your skin before you go to bed for overnight hydration.
- Body butter can be used to replenish moisture lost after a hard day out.
- Use lotion for the areas around your face to avoid breakouts. If you are prone to breakouts, body butter may clog pores more than lotion.
- To ensure your skin is soft after showering, use an after-shower lotion to lock in moisture. You can also use body butter to deep moisturize your skin overnight if you shower at night.
- Apply an body butter to your skin before you go out for the night. This will give your skin a subtle shimmer.